Welcome to our website
At Studies In Work we are an independent organisation twenty years old, delivering Health & Safety training consultancy in the working environment. During those twenty years we have delivered training & consultancy throughout mainland UK, Ireland, Spain, Greece, USA, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Egypt, Pakistan, Falkland Islands and the Channel Islands. Our latest course is proving rather successful throughout the UK, based on asbestos training, click here for further information.
Consultancy projects from Studies In Work are carried out primarily by Allen J Wilson who is Health & Safety and Management qualified.
- Accident Investigation in Hotels and swimming pools and spas in Europe. Read more…
Areas of Specialisation
One of the areas of specialisation is the safe operation of swimming Pool and Spa Plant.
- Lecturers used by Studies In Work are Management & H&S qualified
- Studies In Work are public liability and professional indemnity insured.
- Studies In Work deliver lead body training for ISPE
PWTAG trying to ‘force’ ISPE into becoming accredited by them
On page 33 they stated, ‘Training should be suitable and sufficient and should be accredited by the Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group (PWTAG)’.
Spa Pool maintenance engineer
to join their team based within the M25.
They require a minimum of two years experience in the industry, you will have an excellent working knowledge of spa pool systems, including water treatments, pumps, filters and pipework and ideally be a member of the ISPE. You will need to be confident working on your own as well as working as part of a team.
A gas or electrical qualification is desirable. A full UK manual driving licence is essential.
The guidance states that conventional pools should be tested monthly, hydrotheraphy pools weekly, and spas and hot tubs monthly plus a test for Legionella every third month.
Why we must microbiologically test our water
Blast from the past
Did you know?
Every year there are still 4,000 deaths from asbestos related diseases.
This represents 80 people a week, a higher figure than those dying on our roads. It is a common misconception that asbestos was something that used to be a threat in industry.
What have we been up to?
COMMUNITYLocal clubs and people with assistance in sponsoring have helped.
PRESSStudies in Work has been in the National press on several occations.
ABOUT USWhere we started
we are today
Revalidate your Pool/Spa Plant Operations Certification by distance learning today!
No longer is there a need to take a day off work and travel long distances to revalidate any authentic Pool/Spa Plant Opearations Certificate.
£80.00 + Vat (£96.00)
- ideally by PayPal to [email protected]
- cheque to Studies in Work, 90 Tuffley Crescent, Gloucester, GL15NE
- Types of pollution & control methods
- Waterborne infections including Legionnaires, Crypto and Giardia
- Circulation systems and spa pools
- Filtration, Flocculation & Backwashing
- Heating, verntilation, electricity & energy use
- The importance of pH control
- The effect of unbalanced water
- Disinfecting substances
- Testing, reading, recording and reacting
- COSHH, PPE, RPES & other H&S
- Open-book, multiple choice examination