Welcome to our website
At Studies In Work we are an independent organisation twenty years old, delivering Health & Safety training consultancy in the working environment. During those twenty years we have delivered training & consultancy throughout mainland UK, Ireland, Spain, Greece, USA, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Egypt, Pakistan, Falkland Islands and the Channel Islands. Our latest course is proving rather successful throughout the UK, based on asbestos training, click here for further information.
Consultancy projects from Studies In Work are carried out primarily by Allen J Wilson who is Health & Safety and Management qualified.
- Accident Investigation in Hotels and swimming pools and spas in Europe. Read more…
Areas of Specialisation
One of the areas of specialisation is the safe operation of swimming Pool and Spa Plant.
- Lecturers used by Studies In Work are Management & H&S qualified
- Studies In Work are public liability and professional indemnity insured.
- Studies In Work deliver lead body training for ISPE
PWTAG trying to ‘force’ ISPE into becoming accredited by them
On page 33 they stated, ‘Training should be suitable and sufficient and should be accredited by the Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group (PWTAG)’.
Pool Standard Operating Procedures PSOPS
Let Studies in Work take the strain and write your PSOPs, ensuring compliance with current requirements.
Let Studies In Work write not just your COSHH assessment but simplified information sheets on the storage use and handling of substances, includes bacteria that may be generated on site.
Many pools and plant rooms have now reached the end of their working life and are due (or commonly overdue) for refurbishment. Studies In Work will carry out an independent, unbiased survey on your behalf and provide a written report of what needs replacing, what can be repaired, and estimate the working life left in an item or process. They will also provide provisional costings for these works. Studies In Work are able to write specifications and if required, supervise the installation in its entirety.
A list of referees is available on request.
Studies In Work are public liability and professional indemnity insured.
Accident and Incident Investigation
Legionnaires temperature check, descaling and disinfection
Help line for pool and spa operators
To ensure compliance with COSHH regulations, Lead Body Guidance and British Standards, all pools and spa’s accessible by your employees and the public should be micro-biologically tested on a regular basis.
The guidance states that conventional pools should be tested monthly, hydrotheraphy pools weekly, and spas and hot tubs monthly plus a test for Legionella every third month.
Slide Testing in Mexico!
Why we must microbiolocically test our water
Blast from the Past
What have we been up to?
COMMUNITYLocal clubs and people with assistance in sponsoring have helped.
PRESSStudies in Work has been in the National press on several occations.
ABOUT USWhere we started
we are today
Revalidate your Pool/Spa Plant Operations Certification by distance learning today!
No longer is there a need to take a day off work and travel long distances to revalidate any authentic Pool/Spa Plant Opearations Certificate.
£80.00 + Vat (£96.00)
- ideally by PayPal to [email protected]
- cheque to Studies in Work, 90 Tuffley Crescent, Gloucester, GL15NE
- Types of pollution & control methods
- Waterborne infections including Legionnaires, Crypto and Giardia
- Circulation systems and spa pools
- Filtration, Flocculation & Backwashing
- Heating, verntilation, electricity & energy use
- The importance of pH control
- The effect of unbalanced water
- Disinfecting substances
- Testing, reading, recording and reacting
- COSHH, PPE, RPES & other H&S
- Open-book, multiple choice examination