CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
Course name: Manual Handling
A level one qualification
A stand alone level one qualification which complements the CIEH basic H&S programme aimed at those who carry out manual handling activities and an introduction to the hazards of manual handling, the risks involved and controls available and what to expect from a manual handling assessment.
Topic areas covered:
- The process of manual handling in the workplace
- Manual handling injuries and the activities which cause them
- Manual handling assessment and control
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations regs
- By the end of the programme the delegate will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘manual handling & give examples
- Explain how manual handling can cause injuries and give examples
- State the principle for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purpose of conducting a manual handling assessment and what an employee can expect of such assessments
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Regs.
Successful completion will prepare students to look carefully at work activities and contribute to the development of safer working practices.
The course concludes with a short objective test of twenty questions
Half a day
Candidate entry fee £15.00 + VAT
Delivery £250.00 plus incurred travel expenses + VAT
Two half day courses (Manual handling and/or COSHH) on same day £400
Call us now on