CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
A level one qualification
Principles of COSHH is a stand alone level one qualification which the CIEH basic Health & safety programme. It is aimed at those who use substances hazardous to health at work and introduces students to the hazards associated with those substances, the risks and controls available and what to expect from a COSHH assessment.
Topics covered are:
- Definitions and types of substances hazardous to health in the workplace
- Health effects of hazardous substances and their causes.
- COSHH assessments and control options.
- Responsibilities imposed by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regs 1999.
By the end of the programme the student will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘hazardous to health,’ and give examples.
- Explain how hazardous substances can cause ill health and injuries
- State the different ways in which a hazardous substance may be identified.
- State the principles for controlling hazardous substances to health and apply these in a practical demonstration.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a COSHH assessment and what is expected from it.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions the COSHH Regs 1999
Successful completion will allow students to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
The course concludes with a short objective test of twenty questions
Delivery £250.00 plus incurred travel expenses + VAT
Two half day courses (Manual handling and/or COSHH) on same day £400.00